top of page

Managing Arousal Discussion Forum

Public·608 members

I have one dog who is a 3 year old standard poodle. I got him during COVID and did the best I could but I know his socialization could've been better. He's not my first dog but he is the first I've trained on my own. He's not that bad but he does get extremely 'overly excited' in certain situations and it makes his listening and commands go straight out the door. This makes it really difficult to try and proof anything I've taught him. I still live at home and it can be hard when the family doesn't comply with what I'm trying to do so it also causes difficulty with certain things sticking. Id say he's very reactive to noises close to the house and people coming he just is very vocal. Outside he's not really reactive but sometimes it's hard to get him to leave the squirrels and rabbits alone. On the rare occasion he also will react to a dog but I don't know what causes him to do it cuz it's so rare. I think it has to do with if the other dog is reacting to him? Also if we have a large amount of people over he struggles to listen at all and can be very hype and start doing things he normally doesn't do. I really want him to be trustworthy so I can bring him more places with me and around different people and animals but I don't trust him enough.

Kim  Currie
Jazz
Jazz
Jazz
Oct 13, 2023

I’ve got a COVID puppy too and I’ve struggled to accept the lost socialization / desensitization opportunities I had with him.

About

Welcome to Managing Arousal 2.0 Discussion Forum! Feel free ...

Members

Topics

bottom of page